Thursday, March 5, 2015

This is an interview between Alyssa Fisher and myself. Alyssa talks to me about my identification as a “TV Production Kid.” I talk to Alyssa about how my interest in TV production developed, my current employment with Wolfpack Sports TV, and what I hope to accomplish in the future. 

Alyssa: So how did you become so interested in TV production at such a young age?
Meghan: Well I just signed up for my TV production, student-run television run station in elementary school. It always kind of just stuck because I just kept editing videos at home and everything and then, I don`t know, I was kind of inspired to do it because my dad was really really good at broadcasting - like radio broadcasting for football and stuff. He really wanted to go into that in college, but his dad said that he would not pay for his college education if he went into that and he ended up not doing it. So he was all for me doing it, and so we share that same interest. 
Alyssa: Okay, so you were fulfilling your dad`s dreams?
Meghan: Yeah, I am doing the work for him… But I like it too! It`s not just for him, that is just a bonus. 

Alyssa: That`s good. Were there any classes that catered to your interest in TV production that were available for you throughout your schooling? Like in elementary school or middle school?
Meghan: In elementary school and middle school it was just like a hobby, but then high school I had an actual TV productions class where they did the morning announcements or whatever. And then I ended up coming to State and then I got a job on Wolfpack Sports TV, so I do that now!

Alyssa: How have you continued your TV production in college basically? Like you kind of talked about it, can you go more into Wolfpack Sports TV?
Meghan: I basically for them I do random intramural, club, and varsity sports. I cover those all throughout the year, but the most consistent thing I do is every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I film a show called “The Daily” and it is just basically a recap of all the sports throughout the week. I do that, and it does not take long. Literally it is just a little mini recap show that takes like ten or fifteen minutes. I just do that and that has been really helpful because my boss is all “certified” in all the broadcasting type of majors and everything, so he has given me really helpful tips that I never even thought of using. Like he told me how if you are talking and there is a list, like a list of names or something, you should be going from higher pitch to lower pitch throughout the list or low to higher. It should never be just straight reading monotone. Little things like that that you would never even think of.
Alyssa: I hate when people read in monotone. It`s just like, “oh my gosh I can not listen to you.” 
Meghan: Yeah, so that has been really helpful having actual people who know what they are talking about being able to tell me what to do and even correct me because I still do a lot of stuff wrong. I haven`t done anything that serious yet. In high school no one really cared, but here they actually care how you are doing and how you present yourself when so speak. So it is a good job experience for the future. 

Alyssa: How do you want to continue TV production in your future? Because you are a communication-media major, so I am assuming you want to continue that. 
Meghan: My big big goal is to move to New York or California, like stereotypical TV goal, and then be more on something entertainment wise, those kind of stations. But I would totally settle for some random news station in Charlotte or something because that is where I`m from. I have a friend whose dad works as a news anchor for NBC Charlotte, and so that always seemed like a decent way to go. I`d be perfectly happy with that, I just want to be in front of the camera mostly. 
Alyssa: Sounds good, good luck with your future, Meghan. 
Meghan: Thanks, thanks I hope I don`t fail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment